Institution’s Innovation Council
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
Major focus of IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Functions of IICs
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
- President: Sri Dr.V.V.S.Bhaskara Raju, Professor in Mechnical Engineering & Rtd Scientist G, NSTL
- Convenor: Dr.RP Das, Professor in Electronics, Director R&D
Alumniof IIT, kharagpur. Having more than 30 years of industrial and teaching experience in India. He has good experience in guiding students’ innovative ideas through MSME HI and also filed some patents through NRDC.
- Mr.Kranthi Kiran, Associate Professor Electronics and Communication Engineering
Head Creative Learning. He is nurturing innovative ideas and guiding students on Latest technologies through Idea-thons, Tech week ends and Hackathons. He is guiding students for SAE car design completion.
- Start-up activity Coordinator: Mr.Raghu Rama Raju, Associate Professor Civil Engineering and EDC Coordinator.
He has more than 15 Years industrial experience working in design with Siemens India and last two years working with this institute to share his industrial experience to students.
- Internship coordinator: Mr. Ch. JaganShekar, Training & Placement Officer
As a successful Placement officer always striving for best Placements and internships by maintaining good relations with the industry.
- IPR Activity Coordinator: Dr.Bala, Professor in Management
- Social Media Coordinator: Mr.Y.Babji, Assistant Professor and PRO
- IP/Patent Expert: Dr.B.k.Sahu, Officer-in-Charge, NRDC, Visakhapatnam
- Alumni Entrepreneur: Mr.Sidhartha, MD, Robogen, APIS, Visakhapatnam
- Industry Expert: Sri K.Samba Murthy Raju, Director,Sahuwala Cylinders Pvt Ltd, Visakhapatnam, AP
- Innovation coordinator: P.Rajkumar III B.Tech, ECE
Vijay kumar, II B.Tech, CSE
P.Praveen, II B.Tech, ECE
- Start-Up Coordinator: K.Bhavan Sai Kumar, III B.Tech, ECE
Mukul Sharma, III B.Tech, CSE
A.Satya Girish, II B.Tech, ECE
- Internship Coordinator: P.Srinivas, III B.Tech, ECE
S.Sandhya, III B.Tech, ECE
Debasish Nandi, II B.Tech, CSE
- IPR Coordinator: B.Jagan,IIIB.TechMech, MD.Hakkim, III B.Tech, ECE
- Social media Coordinator: P.Haritha III B.Tech, ECE, I.Jithendra, II B.Tech ECE
IIC Academic Calendar