About the Department
ABOUT CIVIL ENGINERING DEPARTMENT:
The department of civil engineering was established in the year 2014 with fully equipped class rooms, laboratories and library. The Department, with the state-of-the-art, research facilities and very much qualified, devoted and experienced personnel and staff, has been attempting huge endeavors in accomplishing magnificent scholastic outcomes in the University examinations and recruitment of the students in prominent organizations.
The department strongly believes in introducing multidisciplinary information in the civil engineering syllabus to inculcate the knowledge of students to meet the future requirements. The department was established to ingratiated the industry and academic relations.
The Department is presently expecting to gearing up for becoming Autonomous Institution according to the UGC rules and regulations.
Intake : 30
To be a premier technical department with teaching, research and consultancy that serves the society and strives continuously for excellence in education and research.
To provide quality education for successful career and higher studies in Civil Engineering that emphasizes academic and technical excellence in profession and research, effective communication, team work and leadership to meet the challenges of the society.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to civil engineering problems
- An ability to analyze design and conduct experiments and interpret the resulting data.
- An ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired goals in civil engineering applications.
- An ability to function on multi disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve challenging engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written and drawing presentations.
- An ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economical and social context with a commitment on environmental and safety issues.
- An ability to recognize the need of engaging in lifelong learning and acquiring further knowledge in specialized areas
- Ability to excel in competitive examinations, advanced studies and become a successful engineer in construction industry.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools and software for engineering design and practices
- The understanding of basic finance & management techniques and construction practices including work procurement and legal issues.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- Exhibit their competence in solving civil engineering problems in practice using the knowledge in mathematics, physical sciences and engineering concepts
- Adapt to changing technologies with societal relevance for sustainable development in the field of their profession
- Develop multidisciplinary team work with ethical attitude and social responsibility and engage in lifelong learning .
- Promote research and development in the profession
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO-1:- Enhancing the employability skills by making the students capable of qualifying national level competitive examinations.
- PSO-2:-Competency in Professional and Industrial areas