The Department of Computer Science & Engineering(AI & ML) was formed in the year 2008. The department has started B.Tech programme with an initial intake of 60 in the year 2008 and 120 from 2010 onwards. The department has qualified teaching staff with 4 PhDs and 14 M.Techs. The faculty members are involved in research activities and published/presented papers in national and international journals and conferences.
The department has progressed with a vision and a strong commitment to developing competent programmers with uncompromising standard of excellence in the training, both class room sessions and hands on sessions, given to students.
The department has well equipped computing laboratories and a rich repository of software covering a wide spectrum of applications.
The prospects for this course are limitless what with computers becoming a part of everyday life. Numerous MNCs and Indian companies are always on the lookout for skilled CS engineers and one can choose from a range of options.
A number of opportunities in the government sector are also opening up, especially in the field of e-governance and Government to citizen services. Students can also pursue higher education in specialized courses like Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, and Networking etc.
To provide quality education and spread professional & technical knowledge, leading to a career as computer professionals in different domains of industry, governance and academia
To provide state-of-art environment for learning and practice
To impart hands on training in latest methodologies and technologies as per industry requirements
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The graduates of Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) of NSRIT will
- Exhibit new age talents that use critical thinking and problem-solving skills in the rapidly changing tech landscape demands dynamism in addition to the application of fundamental and conceptual knowledge suggesting intelligent solutions that deploy algorithms to think and act humanly, think and act rationally
- Sustain their satisfactory professional career in their own start-ups or as a team member/team lead in an IT or allied industry
- Engage in self-directed learning and advanced studies based on the demand driven need of the industries for their professional and career accomplishments
Program Outcomes (POs)
The POs are the transactional statements of graduate attributes (GAs) that each graduating engineer should possess in terms of knowledge, skill and behavior with a minimum target performance level at the time of graduation as fixed by the program of study seeking continuous improvement year on year.The graduates of Computer Science and Engineering of NSRIT will be able to demonstrate the following outcomes in terms knowledge, skill and behavioral competencies at the time of graduation with the expected target performance level.
- Apply the knowledge of basic sciences and fundamental engineering concepts in solving engineering problems (Engineering Knowledge)
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences (Problem Analysis)
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations (Design/Development of Solutions)
- Perform investigations, design and conduct experiments, analyse and interpret the results to provide valid conclusions (Investigation of Complex Problems)
- Select/develop and apply appropriate techniques and IT tools for the design & analysis of the systems (Modern Tool Usage)
- Give reasoning and assess societal, health, legal and cultural issues with competency in professional engineering practices (The Engineer and Society)
- Demonstrate professional skills and contextual reasoning to assess environmental/societal issues for sustainable development (The Environment and Sustainability)
- Demonstrate Knowledge of professional and ethical practices (Ethics)
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multi-disciplinary situations (Individual and Team Work)
- Communicate effectively among engineering community, being able to comprehend and write effectively reports, presentation and give / receive clears instructions (Communication)
- Demonstrate and apply engineering & management principles in their own / team projects in multidisciplinary environment (Project Finance and Management)
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning (Life Long Learning)
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Design and develop intelligent systems by applying analytical and programming skills to solve real world and engineering problems
- Apply software tools and machine learning techniques to interpret data to arrive at knowledge to improve the performance of system