ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
ECE Department was established in 2008 , with an initial intake of 60 students and got approval for additional intake of 60 seats in 2009- 2010. The department of ECE feels proud to announce that this Institution got accredited by NAAC with A grade and permanently affiliated to JNTUK.
Department, headed by Professors, Assoc. Professors and Asst. Professors who are experts in their own disciplines , aims at educating and training students with sound knowledge and awareness in latest trends in Electronics and Communications.
Department has state-of- art laboratory facilities to infuse practical knowledge to the students on par with academic excellence. Faculty and students are encouraged to do NPTEL certifications in various subjects and many of them awarded with ELITE.
Students are encouraged to bridge the gap between Industry and Academics by the access to industrial robotic under production conditions with remote control by participating ARC(Applied Robotic Control), an initiative by Indo Euro Sync providing real time Industrial Automotive Solutions in both organizational and Academic level. Department has inaugurated the IETE student professional body IETE.
To become recognized forerunner in Electronics and Communication Engineering by producing competent and responsible graduates..
- To prepare technically competent graduates by establishing a conducive learner centric academic environment that uses innovative teaching learning processes
- To create research interests in the graduates by bringing in real time engineering challenges through industry collaborations
- To make the graduates socially responsible citizens who provide sustainable solutions maintaining ethical and professional standards
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO's)
PEO #1: Continue to demonstrate the application of domain knowledge in solving real time problems and provide research based sustainable solutions in different specializations of Electronics and Communication Engineering or allied branch of engineering and technology and lead a satisfactory job employment with 21st century skills
PEO #2: Continue to involve themselves in life-long learning by enriching his/her competency in the chosen field of interest through professional experience, advanced studies, learning new age skills that demands dynamism for a continued better prospect to accomplish their professional and career goals
PEO #3: Continue to demonstrate the skill sets that are very much essential to work successfully for a rewarding career in an interdisciplinary environment
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO's)
PSO 1: To demonstrate the ability to design and develop complex systems in the areas of next generation Communication Systems, IoT based Embedded Systems, Advanced Signal and Image Processing, latest Semiconductor technologies, RF and Power Systems
PSO 2: To demonstrate the ability to solve complex Electronics and Communication Engineering problems using latest hardware and software tools along with analytical skills to contribute to useful, frugal and eco-friendly solutions.
SHORT TERM GOALS
- To strengthen the department infrastructure and human resources.
- To achieve 100% results.
- To organize more soft skill programs to meet Industry needs.
- To motivate the students towards academic activities.
- To encourage the staff for developing good academic skills
- Secure University ranks and gold medals every year.
- To achieve a minimum of 90% pass in all subjects.
- To establish and strengthen Industry Institute Interaction.
- To enhance research and development by increasing the number of collaborative projects and programs.
- To impart academic and professional competency in our students.
- To conduct technical and personality development programs for the students.
LONG TERM GOALS
- To provide a strong R&D base by undertake research projects and consultancy works.
- To have greater interaction with reputed industrial and R&D organizations.
- To make the department strong with all teaching staff qualified with Doctorate degrees and specialized in different areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To achieve 100% results .
- To achieve 100% placements / higher studies.
- Conducting bridge courses regarding the upcoming trends in software.
- Conducting seminars by eminent personalities to explore the core subjects in-depth.
- Conducting Industrial Tours to the students.
- Activating students to do Mini projects at semester breaks.
- Sending students to various institutional, regional and national level technical paper presentations.
- To encourage the students to become entrepreneurs.
- conduct at least one faculty development program every semester.
- To conduct National and International conferences regularly.
- To conduct seminars and workshops regularly.