About the Department
The Department Mechanical Engineering was one of the five branches started when VITS college of Engineering(Now NSRIT) was established in 2008. The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established In the year 2009 with an intake of 60, and 90 from Academic Year 2023 - 2024. the department has seen lot of progress in academics, research and consultancy activities. The department offers one PG course namely M.Tech inThermal Engineering started in the year 2014 with an intake of 24. Both students and faculty are encouraged to enhance their knowledge level through enrolment of NPTEL courses
To have our own curriculum to enhance knowledge, skills and attitudes in students and also having NAAC A grade and accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) under TIER -II. The Dept feels proud to announce that dept bagged gold medal for the AY:2014-18 in all affiliated colleges under JNTUK. To bridge the gap between Industry and Academics by having access to Industria robotic under Production conditions with remote control by Participating ARC(Applied Robotic Control) an intiative by Indo Euro Sync providing real time Industrial Automotive Solutions in both Organisational and Academiic level.
A dedicated placement cell of the institute has been active in generating employment opportunities for the students. A large number of students are directly recruited by reputed companies through the placement cell. In addition, many students take up Higher studies in prestigious Universities in India and Abroad. The department also has a long network of distinguished alumni.
The department envisages strengthening the interactions with the Industry. The department constantly assures that quality technical education is imparted to the students and accomplishes excellence in curricular and co-curricular activities on par with the other prestigious institutes of the country
- To train the students to be professional and competent Mechanical Engineers to take up the challenges in the society and strive continuously for excellence in education and research
- To provide quality education for successful career and higher studies in Mechanical Engineering
- To emphasize academic and technical excellence in the profession
- To take up consultancy and research in solving the problems related to Mechanical Engineering
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (PEOs)
The PEOs are the educational goals that reflect Professional and Career Accomplishments that a graduate hould attain after 4 – 5 years of his/her graduation.
The graduates of Mechanical Engineering of NSRIT will
- PEO #1: Continue to excel in professional mechanical related careers or chosen career path that apply 21 st century skills following ethical standards and practices contributing towards sustainable development by providing feasible and viable technical solutions catering the real-time engineering problems
- PEO #2: Engage in experiential learning through their professional practices and adapt to changing skills sets in the pursuit of lifelong learning
- PEO #3: Continue to demonstrate the skill sets that are very much essential to work successfully for a rewarding career in a multidisciplinary setting
The POs are the transactional statements of graduate attributes (GAs) that each graduating engineer should possess in terms of knowledge, skill and behavior with a minimum target performance level at the time of graduation as fixed by the program of study seeking continuous improvement year on year.
The graduates of Mechanical Engineering of NSRIT will be able to demonstrate the following outcomes in terms knowledge, skill, and behavioral competencies at the time of graduation with the expected target performance level.
- Apply the knowledge of basic sciences and fundamental engineering concepts in solving engineering problems (Engineering Knowledge)
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences (Problem Analysis)
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations (Design/Development of Solutions)
- Perform investigations, design and conduct experiments, analyse and interpret the results to provide valid conclusions (Investigation of Complex Problems)
- Select/develop and apply appropriate techniques and IT tools for the design & analysis of the systems (Modern Tool Usage)
- Give reasoning and assess societal, health, legal and cultural issues with competency in professional engineering practices (The Engineer and Society)
- Demonstrate professional skills and contextual reasoning to assess environmental/societal issues for sustainable development (The Environment and Sustainability)
- Demonstrate Knowledge of professional and ethical practices (Ethics)
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multi- disciplinary situations (Individual and Team Work)
- Communicate effectively among engineering community, being able to comprehend and write effectively reports, presentation and give / receive clears instructions (Communication)
- Demonstrate and apply engineering & management principles in their own / team projects in multidisciplinary environment (Project Finance and Management)
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning (Life Long Learning)
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Demonstrate adequate core competency in designing and fabricating mechanical systems, thermal and hydraulic machines, materials and similar others, and thereby providing sustainable computer aided solutions maintaining professional standards and value system
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge in the allied specialization of Mechanical Engineering that adds value addition for professional practices