The Department of Computer Science & Engineering(Data Science) was formed in the year 2008. The department has started B.Tech programme with an initial intake of 60 in the year 2008 and 120 from 2010 onwards. The department has qualified teaching staff with 4 PhDs and 14 M.Techs. The faculty members are involved in research activities and published/presented papers in national and international journals and conferences.
The department has progressed with a vision and a strong commitment to developing competent programmers with uncompromising standard of excellence in the training, both class room sessions and hands on sessions, given to students.
The department has well equipped computing laboratories and a rich repository of software covering a wide spectrum of applications.
The prospects for this course are limitless what with computers becoming a part of everyday life. Numerous MNCs and Indian companies are always on the lookout for skilled CS engineers and one can choose from a range of options.
A number of opportunities in the government sector are also opening up, especially in the field of e-governance and Government to citizen services. Students can also pursue higher education in specialized courses like Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, and Networking etc.
Intake : 30
"To be Centre of excellence for technically competent, innovative computer engineers."
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (PEOs) :
PEO1: Graduates will be employable and achieve success in their chosen career.
PEO2: Graduates learn and adapt themselves to the constantly evolving technology by pursuing higher studies or research.
PEO3: Graduates will have exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies; will have adequate training, effective communication skills, leadership qualities and opportunities to work as team members on multidisciplinary projects.
PEO4: Graduates will use their understanding of professional, ethical and social responsibilities, the nature and background of diverse cultures and the Importance of life-long learning in the conduct of their professional practices.
PEO5: Graduates will acquire core competency in various technical aspects of Computer Science & Engineering according to the requirement of industrial development and socio-economical needs.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineeringsciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation,make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO1: Professional Skills: Have abilities to, analyze, design, develop and evaluate computer software in areas related to web based applications, data security,databases, algorithms, multimedia, networking and data communication.
PSO2: Product Development Skills: Have abilities to apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver innovative quality products for business and societal requirement.
TO VISIT COURSE OUTCOMES
Short Term Goals